Thursday, October 29, 2009

Son of Mondegreens

a MONDEGREEN is a mishearing or interpretation of a statement or song lyric.

*the real lyrics are in ITALICS

Dare (The Gorillaz)
anytime they say "Dare", I keep hearing "Day".

Dancing in the Dark (Bruce Springsteen)
"Here's a joke, here's some wine and it's on me"
"There's a joke somewhere and it's on me"

"Stay off the streets this time and they'll be carving you up all night"
"Stay on the streets of this town and they'll be carving you up alright"

Paint It Black (The Rolling Stones)
"I see the girls were vibranced in their summer clothes"
"I see the girls walk by in their summer clothes"

"Like a unibomb it just happens everyday"
"Like a newborn it just happens everyday"

Time of the Season (The Zombies)
"With pleasure at hand"
"With pleasured hands"

"Tell him to re-slow it"
"Tell it to me slowly"

Time of the Season (Colin Bluntstone version)
"Who's your daddy? What's in the tabs he reads?"
"Who's your daddy? Who's your daddy, he rich?"

The Goonies 'R' Good Enough (Cyndi Lauper)
"They're finally taking cherry bombs (or bobs)"
"They've finally taken shape for us"

"Goon in up"
"Good enough"

Jump [For My Love] (The Pointer Sisters)
"If you want to take my kids are such a nightmare"
"You want to taste my kisses in the night then"

"Jump! Jump! Formula!"
"Jump! Jump! For my love"

Too Late To Turn Back Now (Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose)
"Now I wouldn't mind it if she knew 'Love Me Do'"
"Now I wouldn't mind it if I knew she loved me too"

Friday on the Mind (The Easybeats)
"Even my-oh-my looks good"
"Even my old man looks good"

"I'll have Friday on my mind"
"I've got Friday on my mind"

"I'm gonna happen in the city"
"I'm gonna have fun in the city"

"There no one nothing else that whirls me
than working for the rich man"
"Know of nothing else that bugs me
more than working for the rich man"



No comments:

Post a Comment